Under the menu item Sights you can get useful information about the sights of the city.
The Anna Cave located below the hanging garden of Hotel Palota in Lillafüred is of peculiar natural value being one of the world’s three calc-tuff caves open to the public. Most of the cavities of the cave were discovered in 1833 with the direction of miner András Stark, when searching for affluent water sources for the local iron works.
The individual fragments of the romantic eclectic dwelling house built around 1860 originate presumably from the end of the 18th century.
The building in late classicistic style was erected about 1830, the Aranykasza (Golden Scythe) ironmongery functioned here originally – that is why the designation.
Above the city centre of Miskolc, on the side of Avas Hill the parish-church named Saint Stephen existed already in the 14th century, which was extended in 1411. Only fragments remained of the building – such as the ruin of the western tower, since the church was radically rebuilt around 1480.
The Báji-Patay-House of baroque origin was reconstructed in classicistic and eclectic style in the 19th century. The Boarding-school of the Catholic Gymnasium can be found in the building, which was erected by Vencel Klier builder.