Üdvözöljük Miskolc Megyei Jogú Város honlapján!
Hamarosan megújul oldalunk, amelynek közösségi tesztelésében részt vehet a Teszt gombra kattintással. Véleményével kérjük, segítse a fejlesztési folyamatot! A miskolc.hu gombra kattintással az aktuális honlapot érheti el.
Tovább az új oldalra:
Tovább a jelenlegi oldalra:

Minorite Monastery

Minorite Monastery

The baroque style Minorite monastery was constructed between 1729 and 1734 by Master Carlone from Eger. The baroque furnishings of the refectory were built between 1773 and 1775; the carved oak wood cover also dates back from the second half of the 18th century. A part of the building functions today as a church college.

The monastery connected to the west side of the Minorite Church was constructed by master builder János Valner and foreman Antal Holczapfel based on the designs of Giovanni Battista Carlone. The headstone was laid in 1743 on the location of the former mud-wall dwelling of the monks. A curiosity of the floor plan is that the north wing is built close to the chancel of the church.

In the first construction phase the section continuing the main façade of the church was completed. The corridor beside the western line of chapels of the church was built in 1757, then in 1767 the western wing embracing the courtyard. Works roughly finished in 1773 with the establishment of the refectory. Originally there was a gate on the south façade of one-storey building, which was probably bricked in following the fire of 19th July 1843.

At the southern façade, by the church, the entrance door with stone framing, holding the coat of arms of the Order of Friars Minor remained. The window frames of the street façade are fitted with simple rendering. The former monk cells and the spacious refectory located on the ground floor of the western wing open from the arcaded corridors of the ground floor and the first floor on the side of the courtyard.

The refectory partly preserved its original baroque wood wall-cover and its sideboard cabinets made by carpenter József Stöcherle, member of the order, in 1773. The refectory was decorated by the fresco of the Last Supper, currently whitewashed.

The south wall of the monastery holds a memorial plaque for the memory of the Franciscan friars deported during World War II.

The church and the adjoining monastery is the only building complex operated by the Minorite Order in the region today.


Minorite Monastery

(+36) 46/505-636
Hősök tere 5.
Javascript is required to view this map.
Nyitva tartás:
  • Nem látogatható

read more»: Minorite Monastery