The church was erected in 1797 in late baroque style. Its altar-piece was painted by Bertalan Székely in 1897 (Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane).
Its tower was built in 1864, its baroque furnishing in 1797, its organ in 1845 respectively.
The church of the Lutherans living in Miskolc was built between 1798 and 1797. The building of wooden ceiling entirely burnt out in 1817 due to a thunder. The present church was constructed in the period between 1817 and 1820 by using its remainders. By that time the tower of the church was ready merely till the cornice of the nave, it was fully completed only by 1865.
The church in the courtyard is cruciform, its chancel closes straightly. Its tower slightly protrudes from the main façade. Its nave and the cross aisles are of surbased spherical vault. At the entrance side we find the organ loft, multi levelled arched lofts were built in its cross arms in 1820. Its furnishing originates also from 1820 and its organ from 1845.
The altar-piece, Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, is the painting of Bertalan Székely from 1897. The uniform, ornamental painting of the interior of the church took place in 1941.